Are your kids off from school Monday? Bring them to the Science Museum of MN for a behind the scenes day. It’s a rare day when the Collections Vault will be open and activated by museum staff and volunteers giving the public access to objects not normally on display. It takes place from noon to 4 and is included with the regular museum admission.
Monday, February 20th Highlights
- See objects not on display, including the museum’s collections of archaeology, ethnology, paleontology, and biology
- See a real “jackalope” that is part of the collection
- Test your knowledge about lakes in Minnesota
- Learn about the museum’s seed collection
- Discover how animals are preserved for future study
- Notice details on insects you have never observed before
- Hear about new Science Museum archaeology projects
- Develop theories on who made fossilized footprints
- View objects that depict mythical creatures
- And so much more!