Belwin Conservancy is located on more than 1,500 acres in the St. Croix Valley (near Afton). Their mission is to spark passion for wild places through conservation, education, and immersive experiences.
They’re celebrating their 50th anniversary this Saturday, October 9 with a 50th Celebration Open House! Explore all of Belwin’s trails and participate in the fun from 9 am – 3 pm.
All activities take place outdoors, with some under tents in case of rain. Activities include:
- Prairie Parade with members of the Brass Messengers
- Community sing with Jayanthi Kyle
- Dance by Taja Will and Margaret Ogas
- Facilities shop and equipment tours
- Disco dancing on the Bison Platform
- Poetry readings
- Guided hikes for all ages and abilities
- Learn about the bison and the prairie
- A celebratory gathering at 2:00 p.m. at Belwin’s Education Center
Be sure to dress for the weather and bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks. No dogs. No bicycles on the trails.