With the hustle and bustle of the holidays behind us, it’s time to search for some quiet and enjoy winter. What better way than to find it in the beauty of the outdoors?
To celebrate January and all it has to offer, the MN Landscape Arboretum is offering FREE admission starting January 6th-31st. **Note Free January does NOT include Spring Flower Show preview party on 1/31; that is a paid event.).
Some of the fun you can enjoy during January at the Arboretum include:
- Explore the Winter Gardens behind the Snyder Building.
- Snowshoe or Cross-country ski along 11 & 8 miles of expertly-maintained trails.
- Visit their Conservatory to see stunning succulents
- Take shelter in their Bee & Pollinator Center (use 82nd St entrance) or Anderson Horticulture Library
- Count the wildlife, birds or other things that are out and about.
- Bring your camera and capture the best winter photo.
- Listen to the sounds around you as you walk, snowshoe or ski.
- Check out some of the special events being offered (*there’s a fee for some of these)
Additional information about the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum:
The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, a top visitor attraction, is more than 1,200 acres of gardens and tree collections, prairie and woods and miles of trails. As a premier northern garden, the Arboretum was born out of the University of Minnesota Horticultural Research Center and established in 1958, with the Men’s Garden Club of Minneapolis, Lake Minnetonka Garden Club, Minnesota State Horticultural Society and other community supporters creating the Arboretum as a gift to the University of Minnesota.