In this uncertain time, many of us will be finding ourselves at home and itching for something to do.
If you’ve been thinking about attending any of the upcoming events we have posted about recently, please both use your own best judgment about attending and, if you do plan to go – check the event’s web site or Facebook page to make sure it’s still happening as many events are being canceled.
Ideas to Get Out of the House But Still Avoid Crowds
If you need some ideas to get out of the house but still avoid crowds, here are ten:
1) Visit a state or county park and take a hike. (As of 3/17, MN State Parks are still open, although buildings are closed.)
2) Learn to geocache (in a low population area).
3) Pack a lunch, take a drive and play road trip games along the way.
4) Start spring yard clean-up early. You can at least remove big branches, debris or doggie presents already.
5) Fly a kite in an open field.
6) Go for a bike ride.
7) Take a walk around the neighborhood and wave to your neighbors.
8) Get the whole family outside to play classic games like Red Rover and Freeze Tag.
9) Make an obstacle course in the yard with things to climb over, things to climb under and activities like jumping rope.
10) Blow bubbles and chase them. That doesn’t have to be just for summer!