The St. Paul Saints might not have a normal season this year but that won’t stop the fun. On Tuesday, May 19th you can Join the St. Paul Saints for a Nopening Day Celebration. Most of the festivities will be virtual, which means ALL of us can join the fun activities.
*The only in person portion will be a curbside pick-up “Nopening Day” t-shirt giveaway in front of CHS Field. The Saints will hand out 500 shirts (two per car) from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Fans can pull their car up to Broadway St. between 5th and 6th Streets to participate in this one of a kind giveaway.
The virtual gameday festivities begin at 6:00 p.m., via the Saints Facebook and Twitter platforms at StPaulSaints. Some of the activities include:
- Relive some of the past great moments with the Saints
- Saints will virtually raise their 2019 American Association banner
- Messages from various groups and people
- National Anthem was sung by gospel singer Robert Robinson along with the 1st Covenant Church Community Choir and Park Ave UMC Choir.
- First pitch between the Saints and Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks will be broadcast at 6:45 p.m
- A chance to win prizes throughout the night
If you’ve been to a Saints Game you know they love to have fun and there’s typically a theme at each game. The first one I went to had all of us trying to break a world record for brushing our teeth at the same time. Even if this year isn’t normal, they haven’t forgotten the fun. Mark May 19th on your calendar for the Nopening Day Celebration!
Do you remember your first St. Paul Saints game and what the theme was? Where did you see them?