Now that the school year is in full swing and you’ve settled in to your new routine, it’s time to find some activities to do with younger kiddos who are still at home. One option is Pre K Mondays at The Works Museum in Bloomington. It’s offered on two Mondays each month during the school year, October through May.
Pre K Mondays feature special activities just for kids ages 3 to 5 and their adult companions. It’s the perfect time for them to explore their curiosity and design, build, and create!
Kids get half price admission ($4.50) from 9 am – 12 pm. Grown-up admission is $9. Each Pre K Monday will include a special activity designed just for the youngest engineers and will be held in a “big kid free” location of the Museum. You’ll also be able to explore the Museum’s activity floor.
Here’s the 2019 – 2020 Pre K Monday schedule (note that activities are subject to change):
- October 7 – Mad Hatter Hat Designs
- October 21 – Hammer Time with Pumpkins and Gourds
- November 4 – Duplo Construction Zone
- November 18 – Bang Your Drum
- December 2 – Ring Toss Game Design
- December 16 – Clothespin and Popsicle Stick Building
- January 13 – Skyscraper Design and Build
- January 27 – Build a Snack Tube for Birds
- February 10 – Design and Build Guitars
- February 24 – Foil Embossing
- March 2 – Planet Sun Catchers
- March 16 – Cleaning Coins
- April 6 – Kite Design and Build
- April 20 – Sharpie Tie-Dye on Cotton Fabric
- May 4 – Pool Noodle Marble Tracks
- May 18 – Primary Color Play Dough Mixing