An event many of us hoped would return in 2021! Prior to 2020 Target hosted car seat trade-in events twice a year and we just got word the spring event is back and coming up soon.
Not only is this a great way to save the seats from the landfill but it’s a money saving venture since you can then get a discount on the next car seat for your child. Win-Win for everyone.
Are the kids done with their car seats and now it’s taking up space in the garage? Not sure where to dispose of them? Target is once again hosting a recycling event.
From April 5-17th you can trade in an old cart seat for a *20% off coupon toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear.
Select baby home gear includes playards, high chairs, swings, rockers and bouncers.
Also important to note **
- Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in and receive a coupon.
- Scan sheets will be placed on the drop-off boxes for guests to scan from their mobile device into their Circle.
- Trading in two car seats? You can redeem this offer twice.
- Coupons can be applied to both in-store and online purchases and are eligible through May 1, 2021.
- During the trade-in event Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats and car seats that are expired or damaged. Materials from the old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management.
Additional information about the Target trade in event:
When & Where
- When: Monday, April 5, 2021 through Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Where: Car seats can only be traded in at a Target store.
- Target will have drop-off boxes for guests’ unwanted car seats located near Guest Services.
- Nearly all stores are participating in the program, you can go here to find a store near you.
- Target introduced its first car seat trade-in program in April 2016.
- Since the program launched, Target has recycled more than 1,100,000 car seats, or more than 17 million pounds of plastic and counting.