Heading into November means it’s time to prepare for the holidays! One of the most fun parts of holiday preparations is to look for beautiful things to give as gifts and decorate our homes. What better place to do that than at The Minneapolis Holiday Boutique?
This fun and festive shopping extravaganza returns this year to US Bank Stadium Friday, Nov. 8 through Sunday, Nov. 10. Take this opportunity to visit more than 300 exhibitors, including exclusive, high-quality vendors and artisan designers offering the latest styles, trends, jewelry, gifts, children’s items and gourmet foods.
Take a close-up look at some of the awesome things you’ll find at the Minneapolis Holiday Boutique (like the gloves and T-shirt above) in my video:
Minneapolis Holiday Boutique Highlights:
- The Midwest Artisan Area will feature custom-made gifts and home décor – candles to candy, shirts to soaps – by over 50 local artisans. Artisan sections are located on the northwest portion of the field and a new spot on the concourse near BAR and Caribou Coffee.
- Twin Cities-based designer Christopher Straub is returning to the Minneapolis Holiday Boutique. He’ll be creating a designer area showcasing holiday looks with the NEW theme “Holiday Runway Challenge.” This area will greet guests on the concourse level and feature mannequins decked out in Straub originals all created with Minneapolis Holiday Boutique vendor products. In addition, Straub will showcase Christopher’s Favorite Finds featuring 10 of this year’s must-have gifts.
- NEW: The Heavy Metal Grill food truck will bring the Holiday Boutique Tailgating Party inside by providing delicious hot entrees, including their famous tacos.
- Make It, Take It Workshop – Northern Gardner and Fleur de Louise will be hosting a DIY Make It, Take It workshop on Saturday from 3 – 7 p.m.
- The Festival of Trees – the lights and sparkle of uniquely decorated holiday trees and wreaths will captivate shoppers. Donated by community partners, each adorned tree will be for sale via a silent auction held throughout the weekend. Presented by the Zurah Shriners of Minneapolis Minnesota.
- Shopper’s Relaxation Station – Take a break from your shopping spree, sit back and relax with a cocktail or beverage of choice. Our lounge is located near the Festival of Trees and is sponsored by Furniture & Things.
- Miss Minnesota 2019 Kathryn Kueppers will be multi-tasking at this year’s Minneapolis Holiday Boutique. On Friday and Saturday evenings, Kueppers be singing in the entertainment area on the concourse level. Kueppers is also a Holiday Boutique exhibitor with her own line of artisan earrings with proceeds benefitting Children’s Miracle Network. She will sign autographs and take selfies – with her crown! – at her booth #713BA.
- Fred Astair Dance Studio instructors will show and share their skills with guests on Friday (group class at 6 p.m. and performance at 7 p.m.) and Saturday (group classes at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Santa’s Workshop – Vendors in this themed area on the northeast end of the field will feature home improvement companies, beautification and remodeling services, and a variety of products from windows to gutters. Just in time for you to spruce up your home for holiday.
That’s not all! There are also special theme nights and special perks planned!
Theme Nights, Activities and Perks
- Register to win $50 Boutique Bucks on the concourse and at the Renewal by Andersen booth. Winners will be announced every hour.
- Twin Cities Fire Fighters Selfie Station with Mirror Me Perfect – Take fun selfies with the “smokin’ hot” charity calendar models from 5 – 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and on Sunday from noon – 2 p.m.
- MN Basket Girl is sponsoring the free package check and information station. Here, shoppers can also pick up a unique gift basket with locally made items.
- Sips & Snacks presented by Diageo, our beverage sponsor and one of the world’s largest producers of spirits and beers. Try one of their daily specialty drinks! Pick up a Sips & Snacks card at the BAR on the south end of the concourse and make your way to several food and beverage vendors for drinks and samples. Turn in your card back at the Bar or our Info Booth on the field, and you’re entered to win a $50 D’Amico gift card.
- Coat check will be offered on the concourse.
Friday, Nov. 8
- Kelli Hanson from KSTP’s “Twin Cities Live” will report LIVE from show beginning at 3 p.m.
- Ladies Night Out will help kick off the weekend right. From 5 – 9 p.m., enjoy music, drinks, a henna artist,and door prize drawings every 30 minutes.
- Special appearance by KDWB’s Steve-O and his wife Kristy from 5 – 7 p.m. Plus, DIY Painting on the concourse in the entertainment area.
Saturday, Nov. 9
NEW: On Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., you could meet your potential forever furry friend! Twin Cities Pet Rescue will be on hand with cats and dogs available for adoption. They are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to rescuing homeless, abandoned, abused, and neglected companion animals.
- KOOL 108’s Lee Valsvik will demonstrate her piano skills and lead show goers to her rendition of “Name That Holiday Tune” from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m
Sunday, Nov. 10 – Hero Day
- In honor of the upcoming Veterans’ Day, Sunday, Nov. 10 is Hero Day. All active and military veterans, law enforcement, fire fighters, first responders, nurses and teachers receive free admission with valid ID.
- Play games with K102’s Amy James prize giveaways at our Media Station on the field from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bring the kids and enjoy Claus’ Cookies from 1 – 3 p.m. on the field, North Main Aisle in Center
- Music entertainment featuring holiday classics, choir, and brass band, will be provided by Zuhrah Shriners of Minneapolis Minnesota from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Minneapolis Holiday Boutique Ticket Discount:
For a limited time, you can get tickets for 50% off via Groupon!
Standard ticket prices for adults are $10 online and $12 at the door; 12 and under are free. On Friday, seniors over 55 may receive purchase tickets for only $8 at the box office. Admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Need another day to shop? Visit the Welcome Office near the main entrance on concourse level for a wristband to return to the show at any time. To order tickets and for show information, visit MinneapolisHolidayBoutique.com.
Reader Giveaway: One lucky Thrifty Minnesota reader will win 4 tickets to the Minneapolis Holiday Boutique! A second winner will receive the Pretty Good Mom T-shirt and BBQ can coozie shown above. To enter, fill out the entry form below by 11:59pm ET on 11/5/19. Good luck!