Check out colorful kites this weekend at the Kites on Ice Festival in Buffalo.
We discovered another winter kite festival, this one taking place near the town of Buffalo. Mark your calendar for the Kites on Ice Festival taking place from 11 am – 3 pm on Saturday, February 12.
**For events like this, it’s important to check their event page, especially if you plan to drive more than just a couple of miles to it. Occasionally the weather doesn’t cooperate so they need to reschedule or cancel it.
If you’ve never been to a kite event, know that you are welcome to bring your own and fly it. Of course you can also just watch all the other kites! Some are huge, while others are a bit more simple. Free dog sled rides are planned for this day too.
Having the winter blues? Let colorful kites brighten your day!
Experienced show kite flyers from Minnesota and the Midwest will demonstrate their skills with kites of all colors, shapes and sizes.
5 THINGS TO BRING!
- Bring the kids – free kites for kids (while supplies last)
- Bring an appetite – there will be food trucks, beer garden and hot chocolate and treats
- Bring it on – play in the cornhole tournament and win a cash prize
- Bring your sense of adventure – see all the other great things Buffalo has to offer: Shopping, wine bar, tap room, eateries
- Bring your camera – it’s a sight you simply won’t want to miss
ALL on Buffalo Lake and Sturges Park.
Watch this quick video to see what the Kite Festival is all about.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
Wow- this looks beautiful!