Have some fun in the sun this summer at Bunker Beach Water Park in Coon Rapids! But before you go, check this list of coupons and discounts so you don’t have to pay full price. There are several different ways to save! Here are some ideas:
Visit on a Discount Day
Bunker Beach opens Friday, June 10 and offers admission discounts and freebies on select dates:
- June 14 (Explore Your Parks Day) – $3 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required
- June 19 (Father’s Day) – 50% off admission
- June 27 – 50% off admission
- July 4 (Independence Day) – $4 off admission for active military/veterans and their families
- July 12 (Explore Your Parks Day) – $3 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required
- July 20 (Be a Kid Day) – Everyone pays the under 48″ price
- August 9 (Explore Your Parks Day) – $3 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required
- August 15 – 50% off admission
- August 19 (Be a Kid Day) – Everyone pays the under 48″ price
Buy a Vehicle Permit
Since Bunker Beach is located inside Bunker Hills Regional Park (part of the Anoka County Parks system), you’ll need to pay a vehicle entrance fee each time you visit ($6 per day). If you’re planning to visit a bunch of times, you can save on this expense by purchasing an annual permit for $30. This permit is valid at all Anoka County regional parks as well as regional parks in Washington and Carver counties.
If you’re just planning to drop off, a 10-minute pass is available at no charge.
Go with a Group
If you have a group of 20 or more, you can get in for as little as $9/$12 per person when you make a reservation at least two weeks prior to your arrival date. They also have box lunches available if you so choose for $8/person. Group rates are as follows and must be paid at least 7 days in advance:
- 20-50 people: $14 per person ($11 for under 48″)
- 51-100 people: $13 per person ($10 for under 48″)
- 100+ people: $12 per person ($9 for under 48″)
Visit After 4 pm
Bunker Beach offers Twilight Admission after 4 pm daily. Guests over 48″ get in for $12 (normally $16) and guests under 48″ or senior citizens ages 62 and over get in for $10 (normally $14). Babies under 18 months of age are always free.
Use a $3 Off Coupon
In the past there has been a Bunker Beach booth at the Anoka County Fair (July 26 – 31) with a $3 off coupon. Admission coupons have also popped up in Valpak fliers in past years.
Buy a Season Pass
If you’re planning to visit Bunker Beach several times, it may be in your best interest to buy a season pass. 2022 Season Passes are available for $100 per person for guests over 48″ and $75 per person for guests under 48″ and senior citizens (ages 62+). These passes would pay for themselves in 7 visits (that’s going off of the regular admission price). Season pass holders also have a separate entrance line for quick access.
Midway through the summer, you’ll be able to buy a pass for the remainder of the 2022 season and save 50%.
What other ways do you know of to save at Bunker Beach Water Park?
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.