*UPDATE* Bunker Beach Water Park season passes are on sale now through February 7th! Save $10 on an over 48″ pass ($80 with the discount) and $5 on an under 48″ pass ($60 with the discount). You can order online through the Anoka County Parks website. Perks include unlimited access to the water park, a separate entrance line, an early membership pickup night with free hot dog meal, and unlimited access to Cardio Club.
Have some fun in the sun this summer at Bunker Beach Water Park in Coon Rapids! But before you go, check this list of coupons and discounts so you don’t have to pay full price. There are several different ways to save! Here are some ideas:
Visit on a Discount Day
Bunker Beach opens Saturday, June 6th and offers admission discounts and freebies on select dates:
- Saturday, June 6th (Opening Day) – Free gift to the first 100 guests
- Tuesday, June 9th (Explore Your Parks Day) – $5 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required (normally $6)
- Sunday, June 21st (Father’s Day) – 50% off admission when you bring your dad
- Monday, June 29th (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
- Saturday, July 4th (Military Appreciation Day) – Half price admission for veterans and active duty military with ID or proof of service
- Wednesday, July 8th (Be a Kid Day) – Everyone gets the under 48″ admission price
- Tuesday, July 14th (Explore Your Parks Day) – $5 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required (normally $6)
- Tuesday, July 21st (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
- Tuesday, August 11th (Explore Your Parks) – $5 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required (normally $6)
- Sunday, August 16th (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
Buy a Vehicle Permit
Since Bunker Beach is located inside Bunker Hills Regional Park (part of the Anoka County Parks system), you’ll need to pay a vehicle entrance fee each time you visit ($6 per day). If you’re planning to visit a bunch of times, you can save on this expense by purchasing an annual permit for $30. This permit is valid at all Anoka County regional parks as well as regional parks in Washington and Carver counties.
If you’re just planning to drop off, a 10-minute pass is available at no charge.
Go with a Group
If you have a group of 20 or more, you can get in for as little as $8/$11 per person when you make a reservation at least two weeks prior to your arrival date. They also have box lunches available if you so choose for $6/person. Group rates are as follows and must be paid at least 7 days in advance:
- 20-50 people: $13 per person ($10 for under 48″)
- 51-100 people: $12 per person ($9 for under 48″)
- 100+ people: $11 per person ($8 for under 48″)
Visit After 4 pm
Bunker Beach offers Twilight Admission after 4 pm daily. Guests over 48″ get in for $11 (normally $15) and guests under 48″ or senior citizens ages 62 and over get in for $9 (normally $12). Babies under 1 year of age are always free.
Use a $3 Off Coupon
Visit the Bunker Beach booth at the Anoka County Fair (July 21st – 26th) to pick up a $3 off coupon. Admission coupons have also popped up in Valpak fliers in past years.
Buy a Season Pass
If you’re planning to visit Bunker Beach several times, it may be in your best interest to buy a season pass. 2020 Season Passes are available for $90 per person for guests over 48″ and $65 per person for guests under 48″ and senior citizens (ages 62+). These passes would pay for themselves in 6 visits (that’s going off of the regular admission price). Season passholders also have a separate entrance line for quick access.
Starting July 20th, you’ll be able to buy a pass for the remainder of the 2020 season and save 50%.
What other ways do you know of to save at Bunker Beach Water Park?