Winter is coming…and no, that’s not a “Game of Thrones” reference – it’s just our reality in Minnesota! If you’re a CenterPoint Energy customer and a resident of Minnesota, you can get a $25 rebate when you get your furnace tuned up!
Help your furnace operate at its most efficient with a low-cost furnace tune up and ensure you’ll have the heat you need when the temperature starts to fall. A tune-up also helps your furnace last longer and helps prevent inconvenient and costly breakdowns.
After your heating service technician performs a qualifying tune-up, your heating professional will submit a rebate application for your tune-up through CenterPoint’s online rebate processing system.
For a tune-up to qualify, it needs to include these required service items:
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings, as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
Your rebate will come in the form of a $25 prepaid Mastercard. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. Check out the other CenterPoint Energy rebates to see what additional savings and offers you can get!