This Saturday, October 29, Midtown Global Market will celebrate Día de Muertos with family-friendly fun!
The Día de Muertos celebration is a free event taking place from 12 – 5 pm. Features include:
- Authentic Ofrenda (altar) created from objects that remind us of loved ones who have passed on
- Several Catrinas on display in center count
- Special appearance by members of Teatro del Pueblo
- Craft workshops: sugar skulls, papel picado (“pecked paper”), paper flowers, calaveras (decorative skulls) painting class, barriletes (traditional Guatemelan kites)
- Traditional music and dance
- Food specials
More details can be found on the Facebook event page.
About Midtown Global Market:
Midtown Global Market is an international public marketplace offering groceries, great food, and unique gifts. Owned by two non-profit entities: the Cultural Wellness Center and the Neighborhood Development Center, the Market serves as a small business incubator whose mission is to provide access and opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs. Together these entities make up a dynamic community gathering place that highlights the talent, ambition, and cultural assets that characterize its neighborhood, contributing to its economic and social fabric. Midtown Global Market is located at 920 East Lake Street in Minneapolis, Minn. For information, please visit midtownglobalmarket.org.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
Leave a Reply