Midtown Global Market is hosting a free, family- friendly Lunar New Year Celebration on Saturday, February 10th.
The Year of the Dragon begins on Saturday, February 10th. There’s no better way to celebrate than by going to Midtown Global Market’s Lunar New Year Celebration.
From 12-3pm on Saturday, February 10th, Midtown Global Market will celebrate the Lunar New Year with a free and family-friendly event. The Market’s Central Court will feature educational presentations, traditional dances and music, as well as kids’ crafts.
Highlights of the event will include:
- A dance troupe from CAAM Chinese Dance Theater. CAAM is a non-profit performing arts and dance academy dedicated to preserving and celebrating Chinese cultural heritage
- Cypher Side Dancers
- Martial Arts presentation from The Cellar Gym
- Food Demo with Pham’s Rice Bowl and Intown Sushi
- YWCA Midtown is hosting a craft table and reading. Kids can make a dragon craft at the craft table and hear a reading of “The Great Race”
- The Chinese Heritage Foundation will translate English names into Chinese characters
- Tay Phuong Lions will do a traditional Lion Dance
Did you know the Dragon symbolizes power, nobleness, honor, luck, and success in traditional Chinese culture? Head to Midtown Global Market’s Lunar New Year Celebration to start your year off on the right foot!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Hannah is a married mom of 3 kiddos in the northeast area of the Twin Cities. Born and raised here in MN, she loves finding deals and special events to share with others.
Hannah enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading books, going on road trips up north, singing along with the radio and finding new thrift stores to shop! Hannah is also a fierce advocate for people with disabilities and is always on the lookout for more sensory friendly opportunities in the Twin Cities.