Omnifest at the Science Museum of Minnesota brings five amazing movies to the Omnitheater’s giant screen!
My son and I love going to the Science Museum of Minnesota and the Omnitheater. It’s one of our favorite things to do during winter! We will be counting down the days until we can attend Omnifest in February.
Omnifest is taking place at the Science Museum of Minnesota in St Paul February 24 through April 7, 2024. It has so much to offer you could make an afternoon or whole day of it!
The best part about the Omnitheater, besides the amazing films, is that there’s not a bad seat in the whole place and the seats are super comfortable.
The technology itself is super interesting and cool so be sure to take a look at it before the movie starts.
Omnifest can take you on some amazing journeys! During Omnifest, you’ll learn how science meets technology to protect the planet from asteroid strikes, discover what it takes to bring species back from the brink of extinction, cuddle up to some of the world’s cutest panda cubs, dive deep into the awe-inspiring images of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, and so much more.
Back-to-back showings every day mean you can choose one, two, or even all five in one day!
Omnifest 2024 Film List:
With a diverse film line-up that appeals to all ages and interests, Omnifest 2024 is an ideal destination this winter.
- Asteriod Hunters: venture into deep space for a fascinating look at asteroids, their cosmic origins, and the potential threat they pose to our world. Follow along with asteroid scientists and discover the cutting-edge tools and techniques they use to detect, track, and study asteroids.
- Pandas: An immersive experience set against sweeping views of the mountains of Sichuan, Pandas illuminates cross-cultural cooperation as a vital tool for saving endangered animal species. This cute-umentary follows young giant panda Qian Qian as she takes the first steps outside of her protected habitat and discovers her true animal nature, all the while facing the challenges of the unknown.
- Deep Sky: Images captured by NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) find a home worthy of their magnitude on the Omnitheater’s larger-than-life screen in Deep Sky. Visitors will embark on a journey to the beginning of time and space, to never-before-seen cosmic landscapes, and to recently discovered exoplanets in this immersive IMAX adventure.
- Back from the Brink: On the Omnitheater’s giant screen, experience the incredible true tale of three animal species rescued from the brink of extinction. Join this amazing adventure to save California’s enchanting Channel Island fox, China’s fabled golden monkey, and the wondrous migrating crabs of Christmas Island.
- Stellar Tours: A Star is Born: using the Omnitheater’s new Digistar 7 projection system, Stellar Tours lets audiences take the wheel on a celestial expedition. More than a planetarium show, different than a movie, and with real-time images from space, Stellar Tours gives audiences a rare glimpse at some of the brightest bodies in our universe.
With all these films to choose from, there’s something for everyone. You can see the dates each film is running and purchase tickets in advance on their website.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Hannah is a married mom of 3 kiddos in the northeast area of the Twin Cities. Born and raised here in MN, she loves finding deals and special events to share with others.
Hannah enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading books, going on road trips up north, singing along with the radio and finding new thrift stores to shop! Hannah is also a fierce advocate for people with disabilities and is always on the lookout for more sensory friendly opportunities in the Twin Cities.