There are lots of county fairs in Minnesota. While most of them charge admission, there’s at least one we know of that is completely FREE to get in – the Steele County Free Fair!
The Steele County Free Fair takes place in Owatonna. It runs from August 15 to 20. You don’t have to pay to get in, but you can buy tickets for Grandstand events. One Grandstand event – the Antique Tractor Pull – is free.
There are many entertainment choices on multiple stages as well as plenty of delicious food, rides, livestock exhibitions, the Great Outdoors Center, Steele Saloon, Muckle Fair Museum, and more.
Ride Specials at the Steele County Fair:
Choose from up to 40 rides on the Goldstar Midway.
- Tuesday, August 15 – each ride is $2 from 5 – 11 pm
- Wednesday, August 16 – unlimited rides for kids for $25 from 12 – 5 pm
- Thursday, August 17 – unlimited rides for $28 from 5 – 11 pm ($25 if you have a coupon from Culver’s)
- Friday, August 18 – unlimited rides for $25 from 12 – 5 pm
- Saturday, August 19 – bike giveaway day, unlimited rides for $30 from 12 – 5 pm
- Sunday, August 20 – unlimited rides for $30 from 12 – 9 pm
The Steele County Free Fair is Minnesota’s largest county fair. It was founded in 1918 and is FREE to attend! Find more than 500 booths with over 100 food stands, and great entertainment! It is rated one of the top 200 events in North America by Events Business News–you’ll want to come every year!
Visit the Steele County Free Fair website for a full schedule of events.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.