Save big on a fun Isanti Spirits distillery tour and tasting with this discount offer!
I’m always on the lookout for unique outings (especially date ideas) beyond dinner and a movie. Here’s one in Isanti that might appeal to whiskey connoisseurs: visit Isanti Spirits for a distillery tour and tasting, souvenir glasses included.
Save with this Groupon deal and choose from the following options:
- $9 for Distillery Tour and Tasting for Two with Souvenir Glasses (reg. $20) – $4.50/person
- $15 for Distillery Tour and Tasting for Four with Souvenir Glasses (reg. $40) – $3.75/person
At your tour, you’ll sample whiskey made with grains from Minnesota and locally-sourced barrels, and gin crafted with juniper berries grown on-site. Tours and tastings take place on Saturdays at 1 pm and 3 pm. They do ask that you make a reservation in advance.
Isanti Spirits founder Rick Schneider has never been one to settle into place. In the 1980s. he drummed in a punk-rock band; in fact, at age 17, he was already playing famed venues around Minneapolis. By the 1990s, he’d taken up glass blowing and became an art professor.
Eventually, RIck began considering his next venture, and it dawned on him while he drank a glass of whiskey. He set out to open his own distillery: he read books, he took classes, and before long, he was opening the doors to Isanti Spirits. Here are a few things to know about Rick’s operation:
- Signature spirits: Rick spins together Isanti Rye Whiskey, Sunken Bobber Bourbon, and Tilted Cedars Gin
- The grains he uses are primarily grown in Minnesota, and the barrels are also coopered in-state.
- Isanti’s Kothe still, however, is from a bit further away: Eislingen, Germany, to be exact.
- The property: It’s located right in Isanti County on a pastoral hobby farm on German Lake, which Rick bought before essentially building the distillery right in his backyard.
Get your Groupon HERE!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
Leave a Reply