Saturday, September 16 is Field Trip at Silverwood Park, a day to get outside and enjoy all sorts of family-friendly fun! Join the fun from 12 – 4 pm.
Silverwood Park has a birthday party and you’re invited! Join in an annual festival in celebration of bringing art and nature together at Silverwood Park since 2009. Enjoy live music performances, shop locally-made work in the artist market, explore indoor and outdoor art on exhibition and join in guided artmaking activities. You can also enjoy free canoe rentals, games, as well as food and refreshments for purchase from a local food truck.
No reservations needed; drop in anytime.
- Enjoy live music performances by local artists Jest (12:30PM) and The Teddy Holidays (2:30PM) in the outdoor amphitheater.
- Shop artwork from 10 local makers in the artist market including: Dancing Spider Studios (ceramics), Harper Steinbach (prints/yarn/portraits), Estudio Fermin (ceramics), Michelle Davis (illustration/prints), Willy’s Branches of MN (woodcarving), Pogue Brady Studio (jewelry), Tessere Arts (fiber arts/paper arts/stained glass), Squirrel (pet accessories), Creative Houseplant (ceramics), and Amy Mester (canvas bags).
- Learn about Silverwood’s ceramics programs at the clay play station, where you can get your hands dirty and see how a ceramics wheel works.
- With Silverwood’s Teen Arts Council, create artwork inspired by artist Amy Rice’s current gallery exhibition, “At Least One Moon” (Amy’s work, along with Alonzo Pantoja’s installation “Corresponding Structures” are on display in Silverwood’s Visitor Center through September 30th.)
- Join artist Ping Wang in the ‘Kinship of Rivers’ project by creating your own prayer flag as a pledge for rivers. The flags will travel with the artist to South Africa this fall to be displayed!
- Food available for purchase from Crepe and Cake food truck plus a cotton candy stand!
- Take a self-guided walk around our Art-on-Foot Trail and encounter poetry and sculptures.
- Play on the Great Lawn! Spin some big hula hoops, play with the rainbow parachute, or challenge a friend to a game of giant Jenga, jumbo Scrabble, or bean bag toss.
- Enjoy some of the final days of paddling on Silver Lake this season with free trial rentals during the event!
Visit the Facebook event page for any updates. Silverwood Park is located at 2500 County Rd E in St. Anthony.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.