Saturday, September 17 is Field Trip at Silverwood Park, a day to get outside and enjoy all sorts of family-friendly fun! Join the fun from 12 – 4 pm.
Silverwood Park has a birthday party and you’re invited! Join in an annual festival in celebration of bringing art and nature together at Silverwood Park since 2009. Take part in an afternoon of family friendly activities including a food truck, live music, artist market curated by Minneapolis Craft Market, ongoing art activities, games and more!
No reservations needed; drop in anytime.
- Enjoy live music performances by local artists Bloodline (12:30PM) and Chico Chavez Orchestra (2:30PM) in the outdoor amphitheater.
- Shop locally-made work from artists with the Minneapolis Craft Market.
- 612 Sauna Society Coop will be onsite ahead of their fall residency in the park in October and November. Sign up for a chance to win two free sauna sessions! www.612saunasociety.com
- Learn about Silverwood’s ceramics programs at the clay play station, where you can get your hands dirty and see how a ceramics wheel works.
- Celebrate 2022’s Big Year of Birds in Three Rivers by playing with some flapping bird puppets and making your own bird gliders while learning how different wing shapes help birds fly.
- Explore the indoor art exhibitions “Natural Resonance” featuring work by Kim Heidkamp, as well as “Traces” featuring work by Cameron Zebrun on display in Silverwood’s Visitor Center through September 30th.
- 1-3PM, Join gallery artist, Kim Heidkamp, and make your own paper creature inspired by her exhibition on view.
- 2-4PM, Learn how to walk using stilts and take a birdseye-view on the world!
- Try out slacklining or hang out in a hammock while exploring the newly redesigned shoreline on Silverwood’s island.
- Take a self-guided walk around our Art-on-Foot Trail and encounter poetry and sculptures.
- Play on the Great Lawn! Spin some big hula hoops, play with the rainbow parachute, or challenge a friend to a game of giant Jenga, jumbo Scrabble, or bean bag toss.
- Food truck: Tacos Los 4 Carnales and Cotton Candy Stand
Visit the Facebook event page for any updates. Silverwood Park is located at 2500 County Rd E in St. Anthony.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.