Are you still searching for a fun maple syrup event? The Maple Syrup Festival at CSB/SJU (College of St. Benedict and St. Johns University) is coming up on Saturday April 4th. There’s a small admission fee and tickets can purchased in advance here on their website or when you arrive. Both events are fun for the whole family:
- Sap collecting
- Syrup cooking
- Horse-drawn rides
- Hot maple syrup sundaes await the whole family during this annual rite of spring.
Before you come, additional important information:
- The festivals are ENTIRELY OUTDOORS – rain, snow, or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- It is usually extremely muddy, snowy, and occasionally icy out at the sugar shack. We HIGHLY recommend wearing boots.
- Please LEAVE DOGS AND PETS AT HOME. While we love them too, they are not allowed in the Abbey Arboretum.
- All the activities are going on throughout the festival between 11 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kristi is married with twin girls in high school. She grew up on a small dairy farm, but now lives in the southern suburbs of the Twin Cities. She enjoys finding free or thrifty things to do whether they are outings close to home or last minute adventures to far-away places.
Kristi can also be found enjoying estate sales, attempting to garden, volunteering in the wetlands or a favorite thrift store, or maybe just enjoying a good play in one of the many theatre venues in the area.