Saturday, September 17 is a celebration of wild rice, Native American culture, and Minnesota’s harvest season.
The annual Wild Rice Festival takes place at the Harriet Alexander Nature Center in Roseville. Hours are from 10 am – 4 pm.
Lots of great activities are planned including:
- Children’s games and activities
- Hands-on apple cider pressing
- Storytelling and other live entertainment
- Traditional wild rice harvesting and honey extraction demonstrations
- Wild rice soup, fry bread, and other tasty treats for sale
- and more!
See the full schedule of activities. Harriet Alexander Nature Center is located at 2520 Dale St N in Roseville.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.