Hop on your bike and experience Minneapolis parks in a new way with Cycle the Summer events!
Once again this summer, you can check out some FREE family fun with Cycle the Summer, hosted by the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board!
Need some bike maintenance know-how? Roll into one of these open-house bike repair events, where you can ask questions, use tools and get general information about taking care of your bike.
- Wednesday, June 21 from 4 – 8 pm: Webber Park (4300 Webber Pkwy)
- Wednesday, July 5 from 4 – 8 pm: South Side of Bde Maka Ska (3835 Bde Maka Ska Pkwy)
- Wednesday, July 19 from 4 -8 pm: Minnehaha Falls (4803 S. Minnehaha Drive)
- Wednesday, August 2 from 4 – 8 pm: Stone Arch Bridge Parking Lot (100 West River Pkwy)
- Wednesday, August 16 from 4 – 8 pm: Columbia Golf Course (435 St. Anthony Pkwy)
Youth learn to ride safely with a bike rodeo staffed by Minneapolis Park Police, while bike mechanics teach basic maintenance and repair skills. BMX demos put the awe in an awesome experience! Program runs from 3 – 5 pm.
There’s also a Passport Program in which you scan QR codes at various Minneapolis parks, as well as an End of the Summer Party planned for Friday, August 25 at Lake Nokomis Main Beach parking lot.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Laura is a former high school English teacher turned avid deal shopper following the birth of her first child. Now she’s a work-from-home mom of six which keeps her plenty busy!
Laura grew up in southern Minnesota and has called the Twin Cities home for over fifteen years. On the off chance she gets some free time you’ll find her with her nose in a book, spending time with family and friends, or enjoying a hot cup of coffee.