With warmer weather coming up, we wanted to remind you all about the Mississippi Paddle Share program. We learned about it last year and have hopes our schedule will work to try it it out this summer. Last summer it rained on the day we were going to go.
We don’t own our own boat and although we have access to a canoe, it’s not convenient for our family of four. Last summer we spend a day kayaking in southern MN and really enjoyed it, I shared our experience here.
If, like us you don’t own your own kayak but have done it before, the Mississippi Paddle Share Program is something you may want to check out. You can choose to rent a single-person or tandem kayak. There are five different places you can choose from:
- Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park to North Mississippi Regional Park
- River Park to North Mississippi Regional Park
- North Mississippi Regional Park to Boom Island Park
- Lowry Avenue Bridge to Boom Island Park
- Hidden Falls Regional Park (North Entrance) to Harriet Island Regional Park
More information on the availability, price and hours of the program can be found here. *Most of the reservations start the end of May.