Explore the beauty of Southern Minnesota with a Prairie and Bison Tour at Blue Mounds State Park!
Have you ever wanted to get up close and personal with Bison? Okay well maybe not quite THAT close, but seeing them out in the wild in Minnesota is something to add to your bucket list.
I have a friend that enjoys trying to spot the Bison at Blue Mound, often it takes a bit of detective skills. Hearing her stories makes a guided tour sound a bit more appealing.
For a very reasonable price of $10-$6 you can enjoy a Prairie and Bison Tour at the Blue Mounds State Park. Some important information about the tours:
What to expect
- Tours are 1.5 hours long.
- Holds 12 passengers 4 years of age or older.
- Vehicle has close seating and is open-sided – dress for the weather.
- Bison are wild and unpredictable and may not be visible along the tour route, or they may be as close as 75 feet.
- Route is off-road and bumpy – may cause motion sickness.
- Pets, emotional support, or therapy animals are not allowed – service animals welcome.
- Prescription glasses, sunglasses, or safety glasses must be worn on the vehicle – safety glasses are available to borrow.
- Children 4 to 8 years must use a booster seat – some are available to borrow.
- Tours will be canceled in severe weather, heavy rainfall, or if trail conditions are poor.
- Water is allowed in a closed container but no other food or drinks.
- No monopods and tripods.
- Leave tobacco and vapor products in your vehicle.
- Use restrooms before boarding — trip is 1.5 hours long.
You can find additional information about the tours here on the website. Reservations are highly recommended as there is limited availability. Directions and important last minute details can be found here and check for any last minute changes as well.